Osteopathy is a professional health care technique that diagnoses, treats, and prevents health problems using a combination of movement, stretching, and massage. An Osteopath is a licensed allied health practitioner whose focus is on healing the body as a whole, rather than on the specific area of distress or injury. They will look at how your skeleton, joints, muscles, nerves, circulatory system, connective tissue, and internal organs function in an interconnected relationship and use this to inform their diagnosis and treatment.
A core belief in osteopathy is that the body can heal itself if the correct combination of manual therapies is applied. It is a complementary therapy, meaning it is generally used alongside conventional treatment to improve health, however, osteopathic physicians are also qualified as medical doctors (MDs).
If you have a recurrent injury, postural problems, chronic pain, or any issue involving muscles, ligaments, tendons, joints, nerves, or bones, an Osteopath can help you. As practitioners, they observe the relationship between the structure of the body and its functionality, often providing a patient with a holistic treatment approach including manual therapy, exercises, and dietary modifications. Osteopathy can provide relief and treatment for a wide range of conditions.
The exact cost of your treatment will depend on the type of treatment that you require at the approved practice, the length of your rehabilitation period, and your individual needs. Each practitioner will have their own fee structure, so we encourage you to check with your provider directly before making an appointment.The average cost of an Osteopath within Australia ranges from $80 to $100. More time may be required during a patient's initial appointment
during the diagnostic stage, often costing
more than follow-up appointments and typically ranging from $100 to $130 . It is here where No Knot Club
members will find the most benefit.
With No Knot Club membership, you save a guaranteed 20% and up to 40% off the cost of your appointments with your osteopath.
Our osteopaths tailor their treatments to each individual's needs. They take a
holistic approach to health,
aiming to restore, maintain and enhance a patient's mobility, function, and well-being with a view towards a
permanent recovery or
reduction of symptoms and pain. As every patient is unique, the cost of treatment can vary according to
several different factors:
• The Type of Injury – The severity of your injury will inform how much your treatment costs. This is because a more serious injury will require more time and attention from our osteopaths and will often take longer to heal.
• The Number of Sessions Required – The number of sessions for your osteopathic treatment plan can vary greatly depending on the nature of your visit. Your practitioner will always tell you their best estimate as to how many visits your specific injury or condition will require before commencing your treatment.
• Age– Your age may inform the number of treatments required for your condition as it can affect the speed at which your body recovers. Older patients may require more sessions and heal at a slower rate than younger patients.
• Lifestyle – Being able to effectively incorporate your osteopaths suggested at-home lifestyle changes and exercise plans into your daily will directly affect how many in- person visits will be required while treating your condition.
• Initial or on-going cost – Most osteopathic clinics will charge more for the Initial Consult as more time will be needed to discuss your overall health condition and specific concerns to create your holistic treatment plan.
• Your health insurance– Chiropractic services may be included as part of your extras cover. Your health insurance policy will inform the exact reduced cost of your treatment. No Knot Club membership can be used alongside your health insurance policy, reducing your out-of-pocket cost even more!
Our partnered osteopaths commit to providing No Knot Club members with a
guaranteed 20% and up to 40% reduction on the cost of every appointment.
At No Knot Club, it is our goal to help you to feel better while spending less. If your condition, pain, or strain requires an osteopath, here are some examples of how No Knot Club membership may reduce the cost of your treatments:
|Appointment type||Regular patients pay||Example No Knot Club fees||Treatment savings per visit|
|Initial Appointment||$100-$130||$80-$104||$20-$26 saving!|
|Follow-up Appointments||$80-$100||$64-$80||$18-$20 saving!|
During the initial consult with an osteopath, they will first take a patient’s case history. They will then perform a physical examination of the patient, asking that he/she demonstrate simple stretches and movements in order to give the physician an accurate idea of their range of motion and any restricted mobility. They will observe the patient’s overall body function when standing, sitting and lying down. A technique called ‘palpation,’ whereby a practitioner uses their fingers and hands to assess the health of the joints,ligaments, and tissues is commonly used.
To better diagnose you they will ask about when your pain started and why, if it has seen any improvement or deterioration, and more specifics about what it feels like. A treatment plan will then be discussed with the patients outlining the number of treatments that may be needed, along with any at-home remedies to be performed such as dietary changes, exercises, and lifestyle changes.
A typical Osteopath appointment will last between 30-45 minutes however certain conditions may require longer sessions. Most patients will feel at least some improvement after their first osteopathic session. Treatment is often a gradual process, and with regular Osteopath appointments, a patient may find that they can go for longer periods of time without experiencing any symptoms, eventually alleviating them completely.
It's simple, your body will tell you. But we don't always hear it calling. So
here are some common illnesses, issues, and injuries that our No Knot Club osteopaths treat:
Our No Knot Club Osteopaths will tailor a specific program according to your individual issues and needs. The number of times you may need to see your Osteopath will vary accordingly. During your initial consultation, your Osteopath will sit with you to discuss your case and run through your options, including an estimated appointment frequency and length of recovery time.
Our practitioners tell us that they find that patients gain the most benefit when scheduling weekly or fortnightly Osteopath appointments. The goal of an Osteopath is to rewire your body mechanics and in order to do this, frequent contact may be necessary. Some patients choose to schedule their appointments 3 to 4 weeks apart, and while this may be enough for some to keep symptoms such as Lower back Pain or arthritis at bay, more frequent appointments may be required when dealing with chronic issues.
We at No Knot Club understand that the cost of recurring Osteopath sessions over several months can add up quickly and become a burden during an already difficult time. We believe in a multidisciplinary health approach for everyone. That's why our carefully selected No Knot Club Osteopaths are reducing the cost of osteopathic therapy for everyone. By joining No Knot Club you'll gain access to our network of professional osteopaths and unlock a guaranteed 20% and up to 40% discount with every single appointment made.